Sample Letters to the EditorThe letters below were sent to various newspapers. Many of them have been published. They may be used freely, adapted and submitted by anyone wishing to promote peace and security for our only friend and the only democracy in the Middle East, Israel.
To have one of your letters included, send it with a brief description to email@example.com.
- January 1, 2003 to The Danbury News-Times -- The Palestinian Arabs, not the Israelis, use their forces to inflict civilian damage in the war the Palestinians have brought on themselves after rejecting every opportunity offered them to become a state.da
- January 3, 2003 to the Fairfield County Weekly -- With freedom comes responsibility, both for those who organize forums on Mideast issues and those who report on them.
- March 18, 2003 to the New Haven Advocate -- The arguments of protesters would be more convincing if they seemed motivated by a love of peace rather than a hatred of America and Israel.
- March 18, 2003 to the New York Times -- It is not the so-called occupation or lack of a state that motivates Palestinian Arabs.
- March 20, 2003 to The Day (New London) -- Support Israel as it fights against terror.
- March 28, 2003 to the Waterbury Republican-American -- The International Solidarity Movement was effectively protecting terrorists when Rachel Corrie accidentally died.
- January 15, 2002 to The Day (New London) -- Arafat targets innocent civilians; Israel doesn't.
- February 24, 2002 to the Connecticut Jewish Ledger -- Having more of your people killed in a war you started doesn't mean that the other side is evil.
- March 12, 2002 to The Day (New London) -- Restrictions placed on Palestinian Arabs are to protect its civilian populations against terrorist attacks.mf
- March 13, 2002 to The Day (New London) -- Peace will come when the Arabs choose it over war.
- March 15, 2002 to The Day (New London) -- Israel is the only democratic nation in the Middle East and is defending itself against terrorist attacks launched by Arafat.mf
- March 21, 2002 to the Danbury News-Times -- Response to claim Palestinian Arabs formally renounce terrorism while they continue to practice it.
- March 30, 2002 to The New York Times -- Disgust with hypocracy and racism practiced by the United Nations.
- March 30, 2002 to The Day (Danbury) -- The Palestinian Authority must stop suicide bombings.mf
- April 1, 2002 to the Connecticut Post -- Response to misguided and racist comments by Andy Rooney.
- April 2, 2002 to The Day (New London) -- Palestinian Arabs want of the land in both Israel proper and the so-called occupied territories.mf
- April 5, 2002 to the Hartford Courant -- Response to more distortions by Amy Pagnozzi, this time criticizing Israel when Arab terrorists shot their way into the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem.
- April 11, 2002 to the Wesleyan Argus -- Responding to a commentary blaming the terrorist war on Ariel Sharon.
- April 11, 2002 to the Connecticut Post -- Responding to three letters equating terrorism with the defense against terrorism.
- April 13, 2002 to the Waterbury Republican-American -- Response to claim Israel never accepted 1948 borders. Notes Israel has repeatedly given up territory in hopes of peace.jz
- April 13, 2002 to the Washington Times -- Re the desecration of the Church of the Nativity by Palestinian Arab terrorists.jt
- April 15, 2002 to the New Haven Register -- There was no justification for Arafat's decision to switch from peaceful negotiations to terror.bb
- April 19, 2002 to The New York Times -- The UN should launch an internal investigation to determine how refugee camps it administered were transformed into terrorist bases.
- April 19, 2002 to the Waterbury Republican-American -- Palestinian Red Crescent ambulances used to transport bombs and bombers. The history of the Palestinian Authority is one of corruption and theft. Israel has consistently offered peace, which Arafat spurned in favor of death and destruction.
- April 22, 2002 to the Journal Inquirer -- Palestinian Red Crescent ambulances are targeting innocent Israelis, transporting terrorists and illegal munitions.
- April 29, 2002 to the Stamford Advocate -- Criticizing the moral equivalence implied by a Pat Oliphant cartoon equating Ariel Sharon with Yasser Arafat.ms
- April 30, 2002 to the Waterbury Republican -- Commenting on suggestion by Stanley Heller to have self-hating Jews speak at Southern Connecticut State University rather than Ehud Barak.lb
- May 3, 2002 to the Hartford Courant -- Commenting on comparison of Palestinian Arabs to American Indians.
- May 3, 2002 to the New Haven Register -- The proposed security fence is a step backwards from the hopes for peace Israel had when it made myriad concessions to the Palestinian Arabs.
- July 7, 2002 to the Waterbury Sunday Republican -- Palestinian Arabs have put the intimidation of journalists at the center of their propaganda battle.
- July, 2002 to the Waterbury Republican-American -- The media have shown no reluctance to criticize Israel.
- August 1, 2002 to the New London Day -- If I were a Palestinian Arab, I'd be very angry.
- March 9, 2001 to the New Haven Register -- Pointing out the Palestinian Authority planned their terrorist war before Ariel Sharon visited a site he, and every Jew, had every right to visit.
- May 21, 2001 to the Waterbury Republican-American -- After a bombing in Netanya.
- June 4, 2001 to The New York Times -- It makes no sense to negotiate with Arafat unless he gives some evidence they, for a change, he might actually adhere to an agreement.
- June 8, 2001 to The Hartford Courant -- Response to Amy Pagnozzi's libeling of the president of Israel.
- July 22, 2001 to the Waterbury Republican-American -- The hypocritical leaders at the G-8 Summit in Genoa criticized Israel for defending itself against terrorism at the same time police in Genoa killed a peaceful demonstrator.
- September 1, 2001 to The Hartford Courant -- Response to more lies by Amy Pagnozzi as Israel defends itself from terrorists using Beit Jalla as a base.
- December 2, 2001 to the Waterbury Republican-American -- Israel has had enough terrorism directed against it by Yasser Arafat, who is just like Osama bin Laden.
- December 13, 2001 to the New Haven Register -- Response to complaints about Israel's use of eminent domain in the public interest.
- December 19, 2001 to the New Haven Register -- Response to equating terrorism and the defense against terrorism.mf
- November 5, 2000 to Hartford Courant -- Response to lies by Amy Pagnozzi regarding the lynching of two Israelis in Ramallah.
- November 6, 2000 to the Waterbury Republican-American -- Pointing out that almost all Palestinian Arabs in the so-called "occupied" territory live under their own despotic rule.